The sound of waves hitting the compound wall, hot bhajjis, the cool ocean breeze, good books to read, hammock, rain shower, swings, comfortable rooms and the lush green grass. Sounds like heaven? Calicut’s little heaven.
This 5 leveled bungalow is located just 30 minutes (11 kms) and Rs 200- Rs 250 auto ride from the Calicut main town.
7 Friends, 3 Days, a beautiful holiday!
What we loved?
The privacy this place offers and how close, yet away from the civilization it is. The instant relaxation mode it puts you into.
The joy of having an in-house cook to make whatever you wish for right from puttu-kadala for breakfast to parotta-egg curry for dinner.
There was something so calm about listening to the sound of waves hitting the shore and the chatter of the birds. To sit by the porch and stare at the sea was therapeutic. It does get a little humid considering how close to sea it is however, the Air Con in the rooms ensures you sleep like a baby. Wake up to blue skies, green grass and the aroma of fresh home-made breakfast!
- Sit on the hammock and read from their Amar Chithra Katha collection (or a book of your choice)
- Play a game of carrom/board games
- Sit on the porch and drink great tea
- Take a rain shower in the garden
- Sit on the compound wall and enjoy the sunset
- Swing and feel like a teen again
- Take an auto ride to the Calicut town for some AMAZING Paragon food
- Early morning yoga on the lush green lawns at the property
- Do some stargazing and spot the Milky Way
How To Get There
You could take a train or fly to the Calicut/Kozhikode Airport. Take a cab/auto to Elathur. This bungalow is in Elathur Village which is roughly a 30 mins and a 11km drive from Calicut town. The super helpful caretaker will be your Google Navigator!
Perfect Getaway For: 3 Couples with/without kids, A group of 7-8 friends.
So, will Jack-fruit tree at the beach be your next check-in?
Book the bungalow at the beach here!